Ship Design and Research Center
The mission of Centrum Techniki Okrętowej S.A. is to make continuous effort aimed at conducting research and design work as well as measurements and tests at the highest level, in compliance with Customers’ requirements, in the shortest time possible and at competitive prices in the following areas:
- the design of test stations and equipment as well as metering instruments,
- model tests of floating structures,
- construction mechanics,
- fire resistance,
- materials science and corrosion,
- medical engineering,
as well as the diligent completion of certification processes of products and maritime equipment.
DESIGN RESEARCH EQUIPMENT
Are you looking for professional support for a project and the “turn-key” preparation of a testing station? Or maybe you are interested in purchasing specialist metering instruments? We invite you to co-operate with us!
CTO S.A. has experience in the execution of projects and supplies, such as:
- aerodynamic tunnels,
- cavitation tunnels,
- devices for testing offshore facilities,
- towing platforms for model pools in academic and research centres,
- stations for testing flow phenomena, e.g. in water supply systems
MODEL TEST OF SHIPS AND MARINE CONSTRUCTION
The design of floating units or ocean engineering structures requires a number of specialist analyses and simulations. The objective of these activities is to provide the designed object with assumed exploitation parameters and to ensure safe work in variable weather conditions at sea.
Our specialists conduct experimental simulation tests of environmental impact on ships, yachts, offshore platforms and a number of other objects in a scale model. Numerical calculations are performed along with experimental model tests.
The results of these tests form the basis for:
- prediction of nautical properties, e.g. resistance, self-propulsion and manoeuvring properties of ships, vessels and other floating objects,
- optimisation of the ship hull in terms of resistance, self-propulsion, manoeuvrability and sea keeping properties,
- the design of drive and rudder systems of ships,
- the design of dynamic positioning systems, anchorage systems and a number of other devices used in the exploitation of ships and offshore objects.