Gas transit via the Jamal pipeline towards Western Europe until 17.05.2020 is based on a transmission contract concluded by the Owner of the TGPS. It expires exactly on 17 May 2020 at 8:00 a.m., and upon the expiry over 90% of the technical capacity at Kondratka TGPS point and 100% of the technical capacity at Mallnow TGPS point will be at the disposal of the TGPS Operator.
Capacity booking for the Polish section of the Jamal-Europe gas pipeline will be carried out in accordance with the European Union (CAM NC) regulations, or by means of auctions for midday, daily, monthly and quarterly products.
The above contract terminates on 17 May 2020 at 8:00 a.m. (during the gas day, which commences at 6:00 a.m.), therefore, in order to book capacity as of 17 May 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to the end of the gas day (or until 18 May 2020 at 6:00 a.m.) (22-hour band), it is necessary to participate in the auction of the midday product. This auction will take place 4 hours before the product is implemented, or on the gas day of 17 May 2020 at 4:00 a.m., and the capacity available under this auction will be made public at the moment it starts. At the end of each auction procedure, a summary of the booked capacity is published in the form of a report on the GSA Platform.
The capacity available as a result of termination of the historical contract for gas transmission, between 18 May 2020 from 6:00 a.m. and 1 June 2020 until 6:00 a.m. will be made available for auctions of daily products, which will take place at 4:30 p.m. of each day preceding the daily product implementation. If less than the entire capacity is sold during the auctions of daily products, auctions of midday products will be launched.
On the other hand, the capacity from 1 June 2020 from 6:00 a.m. to 1 July 2020 until 6:00 a.m. (monthly product) will be available for purchase by operators seeking to transmit gas through the Polish section of the Jamal Pipeline during the auction of the monthly to be held on 18 May 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
The capacity from 1 July 2020 from 6:00 a.m. to 1 October 2020 until 6:00 a.m. (quarterly product) was already made available at the auction held on 4 May 2020. As a result of the auction, a capacity of 31 021 176 kWh/h was booked, that is approximately 80 percent of the capacity made available as a result of termination of the historical contract for gas transmission. The remaining 20% of non-booked capacity from that quarter will be offered during the auction of the monthly product on 15 June 2020, 20 July 2020 and 17 August 2020. If less than the entire capacity is sold during the auctions of monthly products, the capacity will be available as shorter term products - daily products or midday products.
The capacity for the gas year 2020/2021 (from 1 October 2020 at 6:00 a.m. to 1 October 2021 until 6:00 a.m.) and subsequent gas years will be available for purchase during the auction of the annual product to be held on 6 July 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
For detailed information on the results of capacity auctions at entry/exit points on the Polish section of the Jamal-Europe gas pipeline, refer to GSA Platforms.
As of 6 July 2020, capacity auctions at Mallnow will be held on the RBP platform and at other points of the Jamal Pipeline - on the GSA Platform, as before.