Expom increases production capacity in the scope of craneage and anti-corrosion protections. This is another big project in a company specializing in the production of large-dimension steel structures for the needs of, among others, marine, offshore or power industry.
A primary goal of this project is to increase the production capacity of the company. A modern overhead travelling crane has been purchased, owing to which production craneage has increased from 10 to 30 tons. Moreover, a new sector for shot blasting, i.e. a new shot-blasting booth has been created in the painting shop, a new system of painting pumps has also been introduced - the room has been equipped with high-efficiency membrane pumps.
- The increase in the capacity at the anti-corrosion section is the key investment into Expom infrastructure due to high anti-corrosion requirements in the industries in which we develop sales – explains the President of the Management Board, Rafał Domżalski.
Two years ago Expom elaborated a cohesive investment plan. That strategy assumed, above all, the increase in the cubic volume of rooms and three-fold increase in craneage. Moreover, the following activities were planned: the change of paint coat application technology for more efficient one , the construction of another shotblaster and training the staff in the scope of Frosio and Norsok projects. All stages have been executed by the company consistently as per the adopted schedule. The last element of this long-term development plan in this area is the construction of automated, high-temperate paint chamber with the cubic volume of 500 cubic metres. This innovative equipment will be put into operation as early as in August this year and it will crown all the investments.
The total cost of outlays incurred is estimated to be above PLN 1 million. This is the biggest enterprise of Expom in recent years in the scope of development of paint section.
Paint shop\'s parameters:
- AIR COAT, AIRLESS methods of paint layer application;
- Room dimensions:
room 2 - 30 x 15 x 6 m
room 3 - 20 x 15 x 6 m
- Craneage: 30 tons;
- Two shot-blasting chambers;
- Modern systems of ambient parameter measurement with digital historic data recording;
- Developed system of measurements with qualitative method (during painting and after painting), salinity tests;
4 persons with the license of supervision inspectors,