Gdynia, Poland. Four hybrid exhaust gas cleaning systems, manufactured by Italian firm, Ecospray Technologies, are being installed by Baltec Marine on Peter Pan, the German-owned TT-Line premium RoPax ferry. The estimated delivery time is January 10, 2017.
The scope of work includes:
• Project management
• 3D scanning and engineering
• Electrical work including integration with the existing system
• Installation of the scrubber towers and other Ecospray equipment
• Installation of GRE piping
• Fabrication and installation of sea chest
• Fabrication of holding tanks
• Fabrication of steel structure for pump room
Baltec Marine also completed a second turnkey installation of four hybrid scrubbers on Peter Pan's sister vessel Nils Holgersson in Landskrona, Sweden between December 2015 and January 2016.
Peter Pan and Nils Holgersson are two of TT-Line’s premium RoPax ferries, operating between Trelleborg, Sweden and Travemünde, Germany.
The vessels were built in 2001 with a capacity of 744 passengers. Peter Pan’s dock capacity is 2,600 lane meters, which allows 169 trailers.
About Baltec Marine: With over 100 scrubber installations successfully completed, Baltec Marine is a trusted, experienced and agile provider. The firm offers full turnkey installation packages to design and implement the most appropriate solutions for addressing environmental compliance and cost savings. The company is currently involved in three separate scrubber installation projects onboard three different vessels.